reyes santiago rojas (b. 1981 in bogotá, colombia)
lives and works in oslo, norway
during his artistic career, rojas has focused on the concept of archiving and has developed a practical methodology using objects in disuse as carton boxes and other discard elements. these objects have been collected during six years, in which they were organized, studied and classified based on a basic mathematical logical thought. reyes has been interested not only in the new use he gives to these objects, but also in his origins and primary elements, which leads him to a path of re-signification of the collected material, within a social environment
· Lote 11.900. MIAMI Prácticas contemporáneas, Bogotá, Colombia.
· 100.’, Gallery CC, Malmo, Suecia.
· La Bodega y Más (Good to Know), Miami, Estados Unidos.
· Nuevos Nombres, Museo de Arte Miguel Urrutia, Banco de la República, Bogotá, Colombia.
· I Have Everything, I Have Nothing, Artecámara, Red de Salas de Exposición (CCB), Bogotá, Colombia.
· 8.000 años después, LIBERIA, Bogotá, Colombia.
· Un puesto en la mesa, Espacio Odeón, Bogotá, Colombia.
· Nuevas profecías, MIAMI Prácticas Contemporáneas, Bogotá,
· Banco de La República, Bogotá, Colombia.
· Kadist Collection, San Francisco, Estados Unidos.
· JP Morgan Chase Art Collection, Estados Unidos.