nicolás consuegra (b. 1976 in bucaramanga, colombia)
lives and works in bogotá, colombia.
his creative practice is defined by a close relationship with the contexts of production and exhibition, and the audience to which my work is directed. during the last years, i have focused my research on a historical and geographical study of site-specific projects, as well as on the analysis of space in its physical and social aspects. during this time, he has developed sculptural pieces, photographic series, video pieces, and large-format installations that investigate the idiosyncrasies of exhibition spaces and the uses we give to functional and contemplative objects
selected group exhibitions
· pasado tiempo futuro. arte en colombia en el siglo xx. museo de arte moderno de medellín. (col)
· what we know that we don’t know.
kadist art foundation. (usa).
biblioteca luis ángel arango, casa republicana. (col)
selected solo shows
· tabique. La vitrina, lugar a dudas. (col)
· el espacio del lugar. el lugar del espacio. NC-arte. (col)
· void (in collabotion with mónica páez). magnan emrich contemporary. (usa)
· loosing. pratt institute. (usa)
· en algunos vacíos. site-specific project. museo nacional de colombia
works at public collections
· banco de la república (col)
· the national gallery of victoria (melbourne)
· kadist (san francisco)
· museo de arte moderno de medellín, MAMM (col)